Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hark Ye!

What an interesting day I had today. It was full of adventure, "Where is your spirit of adventure?" I ask.... well,.... where is it?

Let me start off by saying that this day would not have been at all possible without the assistance of fellow PHL (Public History Ladies) Dani S. Shall I begin? As you wish, you reply.

Got up super early to study. You see, I had two mid terms today, one I was scared to take because the reading was insane and also I stabbed myself in the left eye with a Tootsie Pop stick a few nights prior and the pain and swelling is still evident. DEEP BREATH,... okay, so I had to wake up and study early. Re-read Victorian era poems and re-read some stories written by Indians of the Spokane tribe. Interested in the rest of my day? It gets better, trust me.

I have to work at the museum in the morning, I planned to study while sitting there greeting visitors and well, that's all I do in the mornings. So, I arrive, the museum staff has silenced me! They are not speaking to me... why you may ask? Did I make someone angry? NO. Did I do something or break something I shouldn't have touched? NO. You see, they asked me to apply for the open position at the museum, I did and they hired the next day they told me to apply. SO,... in guilt they ignore me. Uncomfortable, so I split early to go to my first midterm.

Southwest Indians are interesting... but this midterm was very focused on terminology and knowledge of the population and agriculture shifts of the SW Indians. SO.... I begin. I knock out 6 handwritten pages within 45 minutes. I am the queen of the world!


Next stop, midterm number two is next. I meet Dani and we study, and study, and study. We get our tests and realize, damn we didn't study enough.

45 questions of things I really could not understand. 70% of the questions I understood the rest, blah.

Lunch! We were going to eat Thai food near campus, we arrive. GRADE B.... no thank you mister rat, I pass. We see an Indian restaurant, GRADE B.... we immediately exit due to concerns for our health.

Farmer Boys is safe, right?! We eat there instead. Dani orders an Orange Cream Shake,... yum! However it never gets to us. To which Dani states I am mean because I demanded her shake to be delivered to our damn table. HELLO! She paid for it ya' nitwits. So, the waitress comes back and tries to give her shake to another table. Clearly this waitress has the brain the size of a walnut, she just spoke to us! REALLY???!!!


Get back to campus, knowing we are going to be tardy, I suggest we park in the 30 minute stalls near Campus Parking. There are 7 slots available and I thought that moving the car every 30 minutes was a good idea.


I get an envelope and have to walk it to Social Sciences before 5, I leave really fast. WALK WALK WALK, return to class, Dani takes off. I now need to move the car, I continued the cycle 4 times of moving the car. LAME....

We learned about historic buttons. Oooohhhhhhhhhh interesting, NOT.



Right after class Dani and I go to a lecture on Indian Beads with an Indian Professor from India. We sit down, it's late. We are tired beyond anything. Dude next to Danielle is rubbing his black rubber soles to make his hands black and filthy! But not just one hand but both damn hands. OMG! So gross!

The Indian Professor spoke English, but his accent was so thick neither one of us could understand him. I got some words, but damn. For a moment in time Dani and myself felt as though we spoke Indian. Thank goodness for pictures and print on his PowerPoint. Dear lord.

We leave campus and see a Coyote. Symbolic. We are Coyotes at CSUSB and we spotted one on campus.

I'm done with this day. My head feels like it is going to explode. STRANGE DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment