Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hot Green Tea Por Favor

Hola people!

You guys ever notice that I use a lot of little Spanish words in my blogs or even when I speak? But you know what? I don't speak Spanish - I know, I know, you thought I did! Trickster! Tricky tricky I am. :)

Okay, side tracked for a second. So, I wanted to dedicate this blog to my favorite hot drink for the last 3 years, GREEN TEA! How many of you like a drink that not only gives you a little burst of energy but also has antioxidants in it? That's right people, I'm talking about the good shit... and it's not drugs or a laxative! It's GREEN TEA!

I drink a lot of it, I have over 10 boxes/containers, I am an addict. I suppose drinking tea is better than smoking pot, speed, or crack (crack is whack). Either I am drinking hot green tea, cold shaken Black Tea, iced tea with lemon, or cold green tea fraps...... always in the tea. How typically Asian of me! LOL! Okay, so the TOP 5 green teas that I absolutely LOVE are as follows:

1) The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl, whole leaf-loose! Not only does this tea have a SUPER long ass name, but it is fragrant. It smells like Thailand, jasmine fields, hint of green tea, with a dash of earth. This tea blew my mind, YUM! Expensive though, $20.00 for 4 ounces. The tea leafs and jasmine are rolled into tight little balls that unleash this flavor sensation! It's so damn good! Pretty strong too. Me likey...

2) The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: Genmaicha, whole leaf-loose! Again, this company has got it RIGHT! Love this, it is mild, fully of flavor, and it smells like green tea was freshly packaged and sent to your little container. The price is good too, $8.20 for 5 ounces. High Five - it's delicious!

3) Teavana: Gyokuro Genmaicha Green Tea, whole leaf-loose! Holy crap is this good. I mean, really good. It is tied with 2nd and 1st. MMMMMMMM! Expensive! 4 ounces is $24.00, I know, CRAP! But guess what? YUM! It has a really strong scent, sort of nutty.

4) Tazo: Zen Green Tea, tea bags! This is pretty good and reasonable. Target sometimes has a box of this on sale for $6.99, normally a box of 20 bags is $15.00. It smells divine and tastes pretty good. High five to a cheaper tea!

5) Bigelow: Green Tea, tea bags! Well this tea is not AS good as all the above, however it is cheap, pretty tasty, and worth it! For a box of 28 bags, it runs $4.99.

So there you have it. I'm lame right now and felt that I had to dedicate tonight's or this mornings blog to green tea. I am apologizing right now if this bored you to tears.... to further the embarrassment, below is pictures that I took of myself a few minutes ago drinking my Genmaicha Green Tea! Yummmmmmmmmm...

XOXOXOXOXOXXO

SRF - OUT

To ENLARGE the image, because you know you want to do it.... click on it! Cheers to green tea!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for making green tea a part of your life! Thanks so much for mentioning Bigelow's Green Tea in your blog post. We hope you continue to enjoy it throughout the year!
    -Deb for Bigelow Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb... I love Green Tea. Bigelow is a great product! Thanks for reading!

    SRF
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete